Apply to be a Field Trip Facilitator
The Egypt on the Potomac Field Trip was created by Tony Browder in 1986, and is an opportunity to decode the secrets of Washington, D.C. that are hidden in plain sight.
Field Trip Facilitators Expectations and Requirements
Egypt on the Potomac Field Trip Facilitators are the representative face of IKG that interacts with the public. Facilitators are expected to be knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic and above all, professional. Field Trips generally last 2 – 3 hours depending on the audience. Facilitators must feel comfortable engaging a group of 30 – 55 participants during this time and gauging each audience to share relevant information and field questions and comments.
In addition to conducting Field Trips, Facilitators support other IKG activities. Facilitators must be willing to commit 2 – 5 hours/ month working with the Egypt on the Potomac Coordinating Committee.
Ideal Field Trip Facilitator Candidate Criteria
- Love and respect African history, cultures, and values
- Enjoy public speaking and have a demonstrated history of doing so
- Commit to serious study and mastery of the Field Trip material and sessions
- Agree to adhere to appropriate guidelines and responsibilities of being a Facilitator.
- Respect the integrity of the information
- Prioritize serving as a working member of the Facilitators Committee and recognize that conducting Field Trips is only one part of this role
- Do not plan to move from the D.C. area within the next 3 years
The training is delivered through a combination of audio recordings, in-person workshops, and conference calls. Trainees are required to pass tests delivered in various formats including online, video, and oral presentations.
A reliable internet connection and source of technology are needed to successfully complete this training. The entire training will last approximately 13 weeks.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply?
Complete the online application form by Monday, February 6, 2017: http://bit.ly/ EOPFacilitatorApp